Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sorry.

Recently "sorry" has been tumbling from my lips as easily as water from a tap. Everyone has habitual phrases/words which pepper their speech and conversation, and worryingly, "sorry" and "it's so bad..." are just a couple of mine.

I say worryingly because most of the time I am apologising when I have done nothing wrong. I have apologised for other people's mistakes, I have apologised for things I cannot control, like the weather (?!) and I have apologised for simply being me.

Psalm 139 tells me I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God put me here for a purpose and he knew every part of me before I even existed. He knows everything I will ever do and has made me the way I am for a reason. The Bible also says that we are made in the image of God. God is perfect. Therefore, how can he have created us to be anything less than wonderful?

When we believe ourselves to be inadequate, broken, ugly, unlovable, surely we are going against what the bible says about God and his love for us? Surely we are questioning the creator? We forget our security, and that our identity is not formed and found in the opinions of the world, but in the opinions of Jesus.

So next time you feel the word "sorry" about to roll off the tongue, ask yourself why you're apologising, and remember that you were perfectly formed and are made to be you for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment