Monday 22 September 2014

Pursuing Happiness

There are billions upon billions of moments scattered throughout our lives. They pass in the blink of an eye but they can impact us forever. There are the mundane, the happy, the euphoric, the sad and the tragic, and they are vital. But here I want to focus on the happy kind of moment, which lays the foundations for what I want to call 'Holy Ground.' These are the moments of a happiness and completeness so pure that no matter how much life changes, they will forever remain perfect and untainted by emotions and hurt feelings. As someone who shows so much of herself and seems to be wired strongly to emotion and sentiment (sorry I can't help it), these memories are like sacred territory. They are secret, precious and unseen by the eyes of others. I think we all need these moments of purity and perfection to help us hope. For me, it shows that even in the chaos of the storm life isn't all bad. In fact it is very, very good. It is these times, scattered throughout my short life that show me not to lose hope because it gets better.

The strange thing about many of these times however, is that often they are born from totally ordinary situations. This, more than anything teaches me that we shouldn't take anything for granted, because you never know when (to quote Winnie the Pooh): "...The smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment