Tuesday 2 October 2012

Who am I?

"Know who you are. Know what you stand for."

I am Helen. I stress about nothing. I wear more nail varnish than I should. I nearly always wear makeup. I value the opinions of others more than I should. I let myself fall too easily. I am a sucker for a cute smile. I can be extremely superficial. I love writing. I want to make a difference. I will never be skinny. I find it hard to stop talking. I am like a magpie when it comes to bright colours. I love my friends. My family are precious to me. I horseride. I play tennis. I am a Christian. I have never been a rebel and I probably never will be. I fear failure. Downton Abbey is my guilty pleasure. I love Jesus. I am always going to be in awe of what he did for me. And I will always need him.

I stand for Jesus. I live for Him and Him alone. He has given me hope and life and freedom that I have never known before. I want to imitate Him through my actions and through my relationships. I know that I am imperfect, and that I cannot get through life on my strength alone, but that through Christ I am made perfect and I am made whole. I do not need to seek approval from those who will never give it and I don't need to seek acceptance from those who will constantly reject me. I stand for values getting lost today; I stand for love and hope and courage. I want to love what is good, hate what is bad, trust those who are loyal and keep my heart guarded against those who could steal it.

That is who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment