Tuesday 1 January 2013

A New Year & The Same Old Story

I am Helen. I love Jesus. I find life difficult. I have a slightly unhealthy addiction to chocolate. I resolve to be different every year. This year I resolve to be me. This year I resolve to be assertive. This is a year of change. That frightens me. I love my friends. Sometimes you have to lose something precious before you realise its value. I am trying to let go of the past but it haunts me. Sometimes a brave face is the best you can do. I want to learn to love who I am. I want to learn to accept my faults. I want to see the people I love most  be happy. I don't want this to be a new year and the same old story. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes. This year is the chance for something new, something better. I want to take that chance. So here I am, taking that chance. Welcome to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment