Sunday 25 September 2011

Hello University :)

I have arrived at university. Everyone kept telling me "You'll love it", "it'll be the best thing that you've done" and at the moment it doesn't seem that way. I don't hate it, in fact after seeing and unpacking my room and meeting my new room mates it is pretty good. They are really nice, and everyone seems pretty friendly so I can't complain. I even think my room is pretty nice :)

The main reason is home. This is not yet home. And I know I will be living here for 10 weeks without my parents. No home cooking or an oven :( This is a scary prospect, but I can get used to it, and some how I don't  feel ready to try and be self sufficient.

Still, after a fun night getting to know the other people in my house and flat (which ended with loud singing and a lot of laughter and started with being chatted to by drunk irish people), I feel tired but much happier. I am sure that if I give it time then things will fall into place and I will settle in.

I know this is the right place to be and Jesus is already working wonders in my life. For example, I was worried I was going to be virtually the only Christian in my house, and then when I went out with my flatmates I met a guy who was a christian, and also looking for churches and who introduced to me to a girl who I happened to know because we both went to the same school a couple of years ago.This may not seem a big deal, but when your school only had 400 pupils it's a slim chance you'll bump into them. It has given me so much encouragement and I know that this 4 years will be amazing.

This blog really may not be amazing, and I am not sure how to go about writing it so these thoughts are just put down as they come to me. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment