Thursday 15 September 2011

Goodbyes

So, I have just over a week until I go to university and for some of my friends this time has already come. It is a daunting prospect, university. I mean the idea of taking up one subject for a few YEARS is a scary prospect. Yes, I am confident I have chosen one I CAN spend 4 years doing, but I have all sorts of worries and doubts. Such as, will I be good enough for it? Will I enjoy it? Will I do well? And they only concern the course. What about: living away from home? Living in halls with a whole new group of people? Learning to be self sufficient and budgeting? The truth is, I have no idea how any of these things will work out; if I could predict the future I would be rich and far less anxious.

Instead I am doing my best to hand over my worries to God. He cares and he has a plan for my life. I have no idea what it is or where it'll take me, but I know he will come through. He always has. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-12. << This verse is such a reassurance and reading on to verse 14, the Lord declares that when you call upon him in prayer HE WILL HEAR YOU, and when you seek him with all your heart YOU WILL FIND HIM.

So, at a time where goodbyes can be painful and the future is unknown, I trust God. I know his son gave his life for me on the cross and I know that wherever Jesus calls me to he is looking out for me every single step of the way.

This doesn't mean that there won't be hard times. I am finding the reality of saying goodbye to the people I love and leaving the familiarity of a place I have lived for most of my life terrifying. But I am clinging to God, because I know he is just and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment