Monday 14 October 2013

Journée Banalisée!


Today was a good day. It began early, with bleary, sleep filled eyes and the tram journey to uni for an early lesson. My exhaustion and drowsiness was instantly abated by the thought of my 3 day weekend beginning at 9:45 on a Thursday, due to strikes at the university. When we got home I discovered I had received a parcel of clothing from home, which also contained a beautiful note from my Mum and the reminder I needed of how wonderful she is. I needed that pick me up. Then it was an episode of Friends and finally out to explore town with my friends and eat crepes: Exactly what a day of exercising my right to protest should be. We also found out it was our flatmate's birthday and so had great fun finding him a present and eating the cake he'd baked for the occasion. Surrounded by friends and reminded of the beautiful family who are always there for me I felt happy, I felt lucky. 

I can't thank Jesus enough for the people he has placed in my life, and even though the last few weeks have been tough, I don't doubt for a second that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that this year will (and already has been) life changing and I can't wait to see the person I am becoming. It's a time to live, to love, to be happy and to be free. And I don't plan to waste a single minute. 





No comments:

Post a Comment